Alaska is one of the most stunning places to visit to experience nature at its finest. The wide open spaces, the natural phenomena and fresh air will provide a welcomed break that will help you slow down, rest your mind and rejuvenate your body.
If you’re thinking about traveling to Juneau, you should read these inspirational travel quotes. They’ll remind you why you long to travel and the great benefits you’ll experience from leaving what’s known and familiar to you.
30 Inspiring Travel Quotes Proving It’s Time to Visit Alaska
- “To the lover of wilderness, Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world.” – John Muir
- “I went to Alaska as a young man just looking for adventure. And like so many of us in the ’70s, we found it.” – Tom Bodett
- “Alaska was the cure to the disease of my despair.” – Summer Lane
- “Alaska has long been a magnet for dreamers and misfits, people who think the unsullied enormity of the Last Frontier will patch all the holes in their lives. The bush is an unforgiving place, however, that care nothing for hope or longing.” – Jon Krakauer
- “But at the time, I just saw Alaska up there. And it was big, just like I wanted to be.” – John Green
- “Despite everything, every piece of Alaska sang to me. I remembered every curve in the trails, every tree in the forest. It was familiar to me, comfortable. The more I thought about leaving it, the less I liked the idea. This was my home.” – Summer Lane
- “Alaska isn’t about who you were when you headed this way. It’s about who you become.” – Kristin Hannah
- “Each evening the night swallowed the sun and gave the raven the sun’s energy. He stored this power in his wings, tinged with the blue of Alaskan skies.” – Suzy Davies
- “Like any traveler, I’m always looking for those experiences that are almost unique to any place, and watching films around Alaska of the skies in winter made me want to taste those unworldly showers of light in person.” – Pico Iyer
- “Alaska is what happens when Willy Wonka and the witch from Hansel and Gretel elope, buy a place together upstate, renounce their sweet teeth, and turn into health fanatics.” – Sloane Crosley
- “It’s from an Aleut word, Alyeska. It means ‘that which the sea breaks against,’ and I love that.” – John Green
- “For sheer majestic geography and sublime scale, nothing beats Alaska and the Yukon. For culture, Japan. And for all-around affection, Australia.” – Sam Abell
- “When I was 23, I went to Alaska by myself into the glaciers of the coast range and climbed a mountain by myself. It was incredibly reckless, incredibly stupid. But I was lucky. And I survived, and I came back to tell my story.” – Jon Krakauer
- “Yeah. If I were your age, startin’ fresh… Alaska. It’s the last frontier. Up there, you can be anything you want.” – El Camino
- “Kids in Alaska don’t know they’re growing up on the Last Frontier. It’s just what they see on the license plates, and it’s something tourists like to say a lot because they’ve never been around so many mountains and moose before.” – Tom Bodett
- “It’s not like Alaska isn’t wilderness – it mostly is. But most Alaskans don’t live in the wild. They live on the edge of the wild in towns with schools and cable TV and stores and dentists and roller rinks sometimes. It’s just like anyplace else, only with mountains and moose.” – Tom Bodett
- “Nobody is accidentally in Alaska. The people who are in Alaska are there because they choose to be, so they’ve sort of got a real frontier ethic. The people are incredibly friendly, interesting, smart people – but they also stay out of each other’s business.” – Marcus Sakey
- “The light in Alaska, in particular, is so beautiful. So beautiful! Such incredible light.” – Sebastiao Salgado
- “Get lost in the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness.” – Unknown
- “Moose are the squirrels of Alaska.” – Tim Moon
- “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if we only seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
- “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things for the first time as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
- “It’s a big world out there, it would be a shame not to experience it.” – JD Andrews
- “I like animals. I like natural history. The travel bit is not the important bit. The travel bit is what you have to do in order to go and look at animals.” – David Attenborough
- “Once a year go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
Looking for a Hotel in Juneau?
We’re located downtown.
Why You Should Visit Juneau
Alaska boasts many great cities for seeing wilderness and enjoying a true escape from your everyday life. But Juneau is one of the most beautiful and diverse locations in the state. Here are some reasons to consider Juneau for your Alaska getaway.
- It has a rich history. You’ll learn about the importance of Juneau and how it came to be a US state. If you love museums, Juneau offers many enriching experiences.
- Although it’s well known for its wildlife, the waterfront and downtown provide a lively experience. These areas of Juneau provide a metropolitan feel after spending a day hiking, kayaking or skiing.
- You can tour a gold mine. The Gold Rush serves as an important milestone in the development and popularity of Juneau. And today you can still tour a gold mine.
- Experience the glaciers. You won’t find glaciers in other parts of the country, but Juneau is home to Mendenhall Glacier, which spans 120 miles. During the summer, you can watch as large chunks fall into the lake and do some hiking nearby.
- Whale watching is astounding. These creatures spend much of their time below the surface and we can only imagine what they are like. But in Juneau, many whale watching tours guarantee that you’ll see these animals breach the surface to take in their wonder.
- Mount Roberts Tramway is one of the largest vertical tramways in the world. That means that you’ll enjoy an incredibly unique experience as you ascend 1,800 feet in less than six minutes.
- Unique Alaskan dining experiences. Because Juneau is on the waterfront, the seafood is incredible. But even if seafood is not your favorite thing, you’ll find great dining experiences throughout Juneau.
There are so many great reasons to visit Juneau. Start planning your trip by booking your stay at Juneau Hotel. Our extended stay suites feature a full kitchen and washer and dryer in every room. You can book for several weeks or just one night.